Wednesday, May 23, 2012

How an Older Gentleman Can Have a Great Weekend!


An older, retired white haired gentleman walked into a jewelry store on a Friday evening with a beautiful much younger woman at his side.

He told the jeweler he was looking for a special diamond ring for his girlfriend. The jeweler looked through his regular display and brought out a diamond ring valued at $7,000.

The older retired gentleman stated, "No, I would like to see a ring more special. My friend here deserves much better."

The Jeweler was glad to hear this, of course.

The Jeweler then went to his special stock in a backroom display and brought another diamond ring over to the older gentleman.

"How about this?" the Jeweler asked. "Here is a stunning diamond, but it does cost $95,000." At this point, the young woman's eyes sparkled and her whole body trembled with excitement.   
  
The older gentleman, pleased with the woman's response, promptly declared to the Jeweler, "Just the type of diamond that we wanted. We will take this beautiful ring."

The Jeweler asked how payment for the diamond ring would be made.

The older gentleman stated, "I can't pay by Visa which I could for the cheaper ring. Because my Visa card has a limit of only $50,000, I will write you a check. I realize that you want to ensure that my check is good.

So how about if I write it now and leave it with you. On Monday, you can call my Wells Fargo bank branch to verify that the funds are there. Later on Monday my friend and I will pick up this beautiful ring.

On Monday morning, the older gentleman received a phone call from the Jeweler who angrily announced, "The Wells Fargo branch told me that there is only $25 in that bank account."

"I know," smiled the older retired gentleman.

"What's the matter with you?" asked the Jeweler. "Are you senile?"

"Not really," replied the older gentleman. "Just virile. Let me tell you about the great weekend that I had with that lady!"


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...