If desktop software is more to your liking,
J&L Financial Planner (www.jlplanner.com)
is the most flexible, sophisticated package we found.
Barron's, Dow Jones Business and Financial Weekly:
Electronic Investor Section, September 18, 2006
J&L Retirement and Financial Planning Software is a cost-effective program for developing strategies for retirement, education, home ownership and other goals; showing how those strategies are affected by life financial events such as inflation, taxes, mortgages and loans; and creating viable options in the plan through calculators for mortgages, refinance analysis, accelerated mortgage payments, inflation, trade-off analysis, required minimum distributions and credit card payoffs. It offers the professional financial planning capabilities that can be use by regular people, not affiliated with finances.
There are three versions of the software (Professional, Retirement, and Regular), separated by the set of available features, and definitely, a price.
Regular version offers the following comprehensive, easy to use approach to your retirement and financial planning.
- You can easily create a financial plan for your retirement and other personal financial planning.
- It provides the financial planning tools you need to create a comprehensive personal financial plan.
- You can plan for your current and future financial events.
- You can track your investment, tax free, retirement, and other asset and equity accounts.
- It gives you a year by year detailed retirement plan, financial plan and results report.
- It imports your account balances from other financial software, data bases and spread sheets.
- Export your results to spread sheets and data bases.
- You can manage and track your credit card debt.
- Toggle between Today's Dollars and Future Dollars.
- "Drill down" report values to display the components of those values.
The following features are included in the Retirement version and Professional version only:
- All of the above.
- You can create up to 5 separate budgets.
- Asset allocation withdrawal options.
- Track your IRA Basis (after tax contributions.)
- Find out if a Reverse Mortgage is right for your financial planning objectives.
- It calculates your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD.)
- See the effects of lump-sum or periodic payments to the principal of your mortgage on your financial plan.
- Play 'What If" with your financial plans with scenario event groups.
- Revenue Code Section 529 (College Savings Plan) implemented.
- Rule 72T withdrawals implemented
The following features are included in the Professional version only:
- All of the above.
- Unlimited budgets to itemize both your income and expenses.
- Measure your investment risk with the Monte Carlo Analysis.
- Measure your investment risk with the Historical Return Analysis.
- Track your Asset Allocations.
- Rebalance up to 5 separate account groups yearly or multi-yearly.
- Track your investment's total returns - realized and unrealized gains, dividends, and Cost Basis.
- Find out if a Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) is right for your financial planning objectives.
- Track your investment real estate including itemized income and expenses.
- You can customize your financial reports.
- You can customize the financial graphing.
- You have numerous report options.
- Your reports can be exported to spread sheets and databases.
- You have access to more reports.
- And much more!
OS: Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP/Vista
Cost of Professional Version: $139.95; Retirement Version: $99.95; and Regular Version: $79.95.
You can try the software for 21 day, before you decide you want to buy it.
Screenshots (Click to Enlarge):
Website and downloading links: http://www.jlplanner.com/